What is SiO Medical Performance Grade Silicone?
SiO™ is a very pure form of silicone resin that, with it's angular structure, offers greater durability, better scuffing and scratch resistance, better resistance to bleach and cleaners, and a better surface touch.
With the exception of the polyester backing SiO™ is 100% silicone
- No adhesive. No solvents.
- No top coat. No chemical additives.
Using SiO™ silicone allows for key performance attributes to be inherent in the material make-up exceeding ACT coated fabrics performance standards.
- Inherent flame retardant properties.
- Inherent resistance to microbes or bacterial growth.
- Inherent stain and ink resistance.
- Inherent resistance to denim dye transfer.
- Exceptional lightfastness.
- Excellent stretch & recovery.
- Heat dissipating properties.
- Resistant to diluted bleach, alcohol, and most common cleaners.
- Resistance to mildew.
- Resistance to moisture.
- Hypo-allergenic properties.
- Resistance to chemicals and oils.
- CA Proposition 65
- LBC Red List
- Healthier Hospital Initiative Health Product Declaration
- CAL 1350 – voe Emissions
SiO™ silicone products offer a very soft and dry surface touch. Lower grade resin systems can feel rubbery and almost sticky proving difficult when in use in practical applications. The difference is a more luxurious look and feel, and better seating comfort.
Human Friendly. Earth Friendly.
SiO™ performance silicone is produced in a state of the art facility that is certified to a number of international environmental safety and quality standards.
- The low energy consumption production process is completely solvent free and uses no water.
- Free of added chemicals including flame retardants, BPA, TRIS, PFC’s or PFOA’s.
- Free of PVC, phthalates, formaldehyde, lead or heavy metals.
- Hypo Allergenic.